the css menu is not a problem

Jun 28, 2008

menu button onclick

Thank you so much!

You can find the page at: http://herocarerewards.org/Herocare/HerocareNew.cfm

I'm trying to get the submenu links off of "Housing & FInancial" on the
Vista Navigation Bar to link to the appropriate tabbed panels on the bottom
right of the page. Each main menu item on the main navigation bar will have
its own page, and each submenu item will be placed in the tabs on the right
side of each page. The code for the external trigger to open each tab is:
onclick="P7_TPtrig('p7tpc1_1')"

The number 1 refers to the number of the submenu item. The 2nd submenu item
would have the following code: onclick="P7_TPtrig('p7tpc2_2')" etc.

When I add this code to a Dreamweaver spry men bar it works, but I can't get
it to work on the Vista Nav Bar.

Any help you can give me would be great.

Thanks,
Alyson
Herocare, Inc.
(877) HERO-411  Ext. 3


Answer:


Hi Alyson,
there is a function inside of the DIV id="f-source-menu":

function JSF(url){alert("javascript: "+url);}

Here is instrunctions how to use it:
http://f-source.com/flash-menus/Vista_navigation_bar/#javascript

Example:

<div><a href='p7tpc1_1' target='callJSF'>Button1</a></div>
<div><a href='p7tpc2_2' target='callJSF'>Button2</a></div>


function JSF(url){
  if(url=="p7tpc1_1") { P7_TPtrig('p7tpc1_1') }
  if(url=="p7tpc2_2") { P7_TPtrig('p7tpc2_2') }
}


Regards
Dmitry
f-source.com

2 comments:

truthlover said...

I SURRENDER! WHERE DO I PUT THE PAYPAL SHOPPING CART FORM CODE?

I'm trying to link the PayPal shopping cart form with Button #6 that I've named View Cart. No matter what I try, all I get when I click on the button is a dialog box that says Javascript URL.

My test page link is http://natures-kaleidoscope.com/product-dreams-test.html. Button: View Cart.

I know the code is really wrong, but since I wasn’t getting anywhere, I just left it a mess. There are 3 places where I placed code: 1- Head for the function callJSF, 2-menu bar, 3-paypal form code in the body. I tried pasting the code into the head with the callJSF function, but I wasn’t doing it right.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW AND WHERE TO PLACE THE CODE SO THAT THE MENU BUTTON, VIEW CART, WILL TAKE ME TO THE PAYPAL SHOPPING CART.

Thank you sooo much!

dmpost said...

You have two functions "JSF", the second one (default one) is inside of the DIV id="f-source-menu":

function JSF(url){alert("javascript: "+url);}