the css menu is not a problem

May 12, 2008

Drop menu below the text

Hi,
I am the programmer working on the project. Attached is the reference to
our purchase.

I see a problem with these menus and I am sure you may have a fix, since
I have not worked with your menus.

The menu pops up ok, but UNDER the text that is below it.

Example:
Header Graphic.
Menu bar - created by your software.
Then Text and main cell will more text.

In Firefox on Mac it runs just fine. Bring it up in IE on Windows... The
menus popup, but not on top of everything else. Even the Graphic Buttons
Below the text. I have two menus that are long and display below that as
well. I need them to display on top of ALL items on the page.

The site I am working in internal, so I cannot show you, perhaps this
screen shot will help.

Thanks!
Kerby
IT Champaign, IL
Cap and Gown Division
Herff Jones, Inc


Answer:


Hi Kerby,
that can happen in IE browser, if your text DIV has an absolute
position or relative position style.

There are two solutions:

1. Remove a style="position:relative;" or style="position:absolute;" from the text div.

2. Put the DIV id="f-source-menu" in another DIV with style="position:absolute; z-index:2;"


<div style="position:absolute; z-index:2;">
  <div id="f-source-menu" style="position:relative;">
      .....
      .....
  </div>
</div>



Regards
Dmitry
f-source.com


No comments: