the css menu is not a problem

Mar 26, 2008

Drop downs are going behind the absolutely positioned graphics

Hi Sheron,
I've tested your pages in Firefox and IE6,
everything looks ok.

If you still have a problem with z-index, I recommend to put the DIV
id="f-source-menu" in another DIV with absolute position:

<div align="center" style="position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px;
width:100%; left:0px;">
<div id="f-source-menu" style="position:relative;">

Regards
Dmitry
f-source.com


> Dmitry,
>
> Well i have the Vista Drop down Menu all working great - the only issue I am
> running into is the drop downs are going behind the graphics that are
> absolutely positioned on the sides of the sub pages.
>
> I work on a MAC and everything works perfectly but not on a PC running IE.
>
> I have played with the z-index but nothing is working - have you had anyone
> run into this issue? If so what did they do to fix it?
>
> Here is the site url:
> http://www.rainbowdance.com/newsite08/index.html

>
> The home page is fine - it is a one column fixed page. The issue is on all
> the rest of the pages which is a 3 column with the 2 side boxes absolutely
> positioned.
>
> I am going to attach the CSS also in case you need to look at it.
>
> Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Sheron
>


> Sheron Post
> Purple Paw Design
> 4945 N. Valadez • Las Vegas, NV 89149
> ph: 702-656-4056 • fx: 702-656-5080
>
>
> Sheron,
> your page looks ok.
> XML is not SEO friendly, so if SEO is important for you,
> I recommend to use template or library item.
>
> Regards
> Dmitry
> f-source.com
>
>
> Dmitry,
>
> Thanks for all your help - I think it's working now it but if you wouldn't
> mind looking at it to make sure that would be great - here is the link to
> the test page:
> http://www.rainbowdance.com/test_menu.html

>
> The pages don't go anywhere yet except to the home page of the existing site
>
> I am a little confused on the navigation settings and putting them into an
> XML file
> - do you have to do that?
> - if so is a library item a better way to go?
>
> I will be placing the menu into a Dreamweaver template
>
> Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated
> Thanks!
> Sheron
>
> Sheron Post
> Purple Paw Design
> 4945 N. Valadez • Las Vegas, NV 89149
> ph: 702-656-4056 • fx: 702-656-5080
>
>
> Hi,
> - yes you can add more buttons, edit the DIV id="menu", I recommend to
> start with a blank page, use these simple steps:
> http://f-source.com/flash-menus/good-practice/

>
> - use parameter showSearchField (Yes/No)
>
> - use parameter stretch_width_to: 1024px
>
> If you will have some problem, publish your test page and send me the link,
> I will help.
>
> Regards
> Dmitry
> f-source.com
>
> can I add more buttons - I need 8 buttons total - I don't need the search
> field.
> I also want the entire menu bar to be 1024 pixels wide - I can't seem to get
> it stretched to that size - do I have to increase the button height?

No comments: