the css menu is not a problem

Mar 24, 2008

Dropdown menu appears behind of a flash video

Hi Toby,
you need to add wmode=transparent to the FLASH VIDEO.

See example here: http://f-source.com/faq/ => Drop down menu seem to be dropping underneath another flash movie. How to fix it?

Regards
Dmitry
f-source.com


> Greetings!
>
> I am trying to add a flash video to my site and when I do, it is always on
top of the drop down menu. The static site can be seen at
www.sisportsconnection.com, while the "new" site with flash is temporarily
at www.sisportsconnection.com/index1.html.

Can you help me
fix it so that the drop down appears ON TOP OF instead of behind the flash
element?

>
> Thanks-
>
> tb
>
> Toby J. Brooks, PhD, ATC, CSCS, PES, YCS
> Assistant Professor
> Program Director, Athletic Training Education
> Southern Illinois University Carbondale
>
> http://www.siu.edu/~athtrain

>
> What are you about?
>

2 comments:

david said...

Hello,
I searched your link because I wrestled with this in Firefox 2 and thought it was to be fixed in Firefox 3. But I am using FF3 and still see the problem on your site and mine. WMODE does not seem to cure the menus behind the movies.

So I will show the link to the solution I made for Firefox 2.

http://www.isayjesusis.com/css/

This is also working in FF3 and other browsers so it seems to be compatible still.

Please let me know if you have any better ideas.

f-source.com support said...

If you have the video in an iframe,
put the menu inside of another iframe.
It works with f-source menus.